Monday, July 19, 2010

Softlighter & My Assistant


Softlighter & My Assistant
Originally uploaded by Arclight Images

Practicing with my favorite subject on a Sunday morning.

Lighting - Dynalite head in a 60" Photek Softlighter II directly overhead with a white reflector at an angle on the ground directly in front of Evan to fill in the raccoon eyes effect. Botero 023 as the background. I was going for something similar to the cover of the July issue of Rangefinder magazine, a great low-key portrait of Jeff Bridges by Jerry Avenaim. I didn't even come close, I have to use a smaller light source than the Softlighter and move the background back so it goes black. He didn't use a reflector for fill either, but my son looked pretty scary without it.

Rangefinder link : www.rangefindermag.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment